Home » Posts tagged 'Culture and Development'
Tag Archives: Culture and Development
World Culture Forum
The Power of Culture in Sustainable Development
24 – 27 November 2013, Bali, Indonesia
In 2011 the UN General Assembly called for a more visible and effective integration and mainstreaming of culture into development policies and strategies at all levels.
The World Culture Forum is envisaged as an arena for sharing experiences, strengthening meaningful relationships, appreciating cultural diversity and fostering policies that enable local and national cultural communities to flourish in an age of unprecedented globalisation.
The World Culture Forum convened by the President of Indonesia in Bali from 24 to 27 November 2013 aspires to recommend:
- New pathways for locating culture as an integral part of sustainable development
- Ethical frameworks for ensuring community engagement and stakeholder benefits
- New participatory models for promoting cultural democracy
- Draft frameworks for evidence based measuring of sustainable cultural development
- Strategic inputs into the framing of Sustainable Development Goals in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Holistic Approaches to Culture in Development
- Civil Society and Cultural Democracy
- Creativity and Cultural Economics
- Culture in Environmental Sustainability
- Sustainable Urban Development
- Inter-Faith Dialogue and Community Building
The International Symposium on Culture and Sustainable Development will be held November 22 and 23, 2012, in the Centre des Congrès of the Cité des sciences et de l’industrie, in Paris.
The Director of the International Institute for the Inclusive Museum, Professor Amareswar Galla, will be speaking at this event.
Present international thinking and identify courses of action to promote better integration of culture in sustainable development initiatives
The role of culture in the search for sustainable development is the subject of a growing interest worldwide, and more and more organizations engage in operational approaches to integrate culture in their policies development.
Coordinated by the French Ministry of Culture and Quebec, this conference is open to the public, will bring together artists, researchers, experts, professional culture and sustainable development, policy makers and representatives of international organizations combine reflection and action to develop innovative practices, create new partnerships and strategies reflect a greater recognition and realization of the link between culture and sustainable development.
For more information visit the Symposium website: The International Symposium on Culture and Sustainable Development