Founded in 2005, the International Conference on Technology, Knowledge & Society provides a forum for addressing a range of critically important themes in the various fields that address the complex and subtle relationships between technology, knowledge and society.
The International Conference on Technology, Knowledge & Society is built upon four key features: Internationalism, Interdisciplinarity, Inclusiveness, and Interaction. Conference delegates include leaders in the field as well as emerging scholars, who travel to the conference from all corners of the globe and represent a broad range of disciplines and perspectives. A variety of presentation options and session types offer delegates multiple opportunities to engage, to discuss key issues in the field, and to build relationships with scholars from other cultures and disciplines.
- 2005 – University of California, Berkeley, USA
- 2006 – Hyderabad, India
- 2006 – McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 2007 – Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
- 2008 – Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- 2009 – Von Braun Center, Huntsville, Alabama, USA
- 2010 – Free University, Berlin, Germany
- 2011 – Universidad del País Vasco – Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea Bilbao, Spain
- 2012 – University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- 2013 – UBC Robeson Square, Vancouver, Canada
- 2014 – Facultad de Ciencias de la Información, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
- 2015 – University of California, Berkeley, USA
- 2016 – Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2017 – University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- 2018 – St John’s University, Manhattan Campus, New York, USA
The 2019 Conference will be held in ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, Barcelona, Spain, 11-12 March 2019.