“The Best in Heritage” is the world’s only annual survey of awarded museum, heritage and conservation projects.
The Best in Heritage event recognises that heritage professionals need quality information and benchmarking occasions to raise awareness of exceptional projects and promote collaboration.
“there are, annually, we believe, more than a hundred awarded, new or renewed institutions world-wide and a great number of exceptional projects hardly known to the international professional public. All of them deserve further professional and public attention. Besides, we live in an increasingly competitive world where standards of excellence, i.e. expectations be it from public or our other stakeholders are rising steadily.”
This years conference will be held in Dubrovnik, Croatia, 27 – 29 September 2012
Some Featured Projects
- European Museum of the Year Award 2011 winner
- Gallo-Romeins Museum, Tongeren, Belgium
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation 2011
- Baojiatun Watermill in Guizhou Province, China
- Europa Nostra Award 2011, Education, training and awareness-raising
- Weald & Downland Open Air Museum, Chichester, UK
- Intermuseum 2011 Grand Prix winner
- The Kizhi State Open-Air Museum of Cultural History and Architecture, Petrozavodsk, Russia